Aims of the course
The course will give delegates the ability to investigate accidents, to gather evidence, interview witnesses and present their findings.
- To understand the need for undertaking accident investigations To be able to conduct effective interviews
- To prepare an accident investigation report
- To identify accident causation factors
- To understand accident types and costs.
The structure of the course
- Accident definitions
- Types and costs of accidents Accident causation
- Interview techniques Collecting evidence
- Finding the root cause of accidents
- The investigation form (preparing an investigation report) Practical exercise
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend
Those persons who have the responsibility for undertaking accident investigations, line managers, team leaders, safety personnel.
Delegates must complete the practical investigation exercise in order to receive the accident investigators certificate.