The two hour briefing is aimed at senior management who have overall responsibility for the management of the business and a legal responsibility for the Health and safety of employees whilst at work.
Aims of the Briefing
To ensure that all Directors and Senior Management are aware of their health and safety responsibilities.
To ensure that there is a synergy between health and safety responsibilities and the overall management of the business.
The structure of the course
- Legal framework and legislation.
- Roles and responsibilities of Directors and Senior Management Team HSE/ Institute of Directors Guidance on Health and Safety Management for Directors INDG 417
- Corporate Manslaughter Bill
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999
- Concept of Reasonably Practicable and risk management
- Monitoring of health and safety performance.
1. A room with a mains power socket and sufficient seating for delegates. It will also be useful if the room can be darkened.