The course is designed for those who have the responsibility for conducting and recording DSE assessments.
Aims of the course
The aim of the course is to enable delegates to understand the principles of DSE risk assessment and be able to carry out assessments in their own workplace whilst at the same time understanding the legal background and requirements.
Delegates will be able to:
- Know and understand the relevant health and safety legislation.
- Understand the duties of the assessor.
- Understand what is meant by the term “DSE Workstation”.
- Know when and how to carry out a comprehensive risk assessment.
- Understand the risks incurred by DSE users.
- Understand the need for accurate record keeping with regard to DSE assessment.
- Be aware of the availability and function of the various workstation accessories are available including different types of Chairs, Mouse, Keyboard, Wrist Rests, Document Holders etc.
The structure of the course
- The health and safety background including potential health issues and medical conditions.
- The Workplace Health and Safety Display Screen Equipment Regulations. 1992.
- The requirements of the work station assessment.
- The Display screen assessment report.
- Conducting the assessment: practical exercise.
(All delegates will be given the opportunity to carry out a work station assessment using the Ryder Partnership or their own assessment template)
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend
Any person responsible for carrying out DSE assessments.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
One day duration