Aims of the course
The course is intended to give factory, office or site staff a basic understanding of the use and limitations of portable fire fighting equipment and includes practical training on live fires.
To ensure that the organisation has sufficient numbers of trained persons capable of using fire extinguishers should the need arise.
The structure of the course
- Theory of Combustion.
- Fire Classification: Classes A,B,C,D,E & F fires.
- First Aid Fire fighting equipment: Types, use and limitations..
- Practical Fire extinguisher use: Use of portable extinguishers, fires involving electrical equipment, use of fire blankets..
- A room with a mains power socket and sufficient seating for trainees. It will also be useful if the room can be darkened.
- An outside area suitable for using fire extinguishers on several small fires without causing annoyanceto neighbours.
The course is designed for a maximum number of twelve delegates.
All delegates are issued with a course attendance certificate valid for three years.