The course is aimed at those within an organisation whom the Company wishes to be competent to inspect use ladders at work
Aims of the course
The ladder safety and inspection course is a comprehensive course designed to equip operators of temporary access equipment with the necessary skills required to conduct full ladder inspections and to recognize and eliminate the dangers of incorrect ladder usage. .
To ensure that the organisation has sufficient numbers of trained persons capable of using ladders at work
The structure of the course
- Current ladder and Step Legislation & Regulations Ladder Specifications and types.
- Ladder Safety specifications.
- Ladder, Inspection and ladder testing
- Frequency, Standards & Methods of Ladder Inspection. Ladder and Step Defects
- Care & Maintenance of ladders
- Correct ladder usage.
- How to perform a suitable and sufficient risk assessment.
- A room with a mains power socket and sufficient seating for trainees.
- An outside area suitable for carrying out practical exercises with ladders.
The course is designed for a maximum number of twelve delegates.
All delegates are issued with a course attendance certificate valid for three years.