The course is aimed at managers and other personnel in the workplace who have been assigned the responsibility of conducting manual handling training within the workplace. The aim is to enable al delegates to be able to conduct manual handling awareness training.
Aims of the course
The aim of the course is to enable delegates to understand the principles of correct manual handling techniques and the requirements of risk assessment and legislation.
- The course covers the following aspects of Risk Assessment
- The principles of correct manual handling techniques
- Essential concepts such as importance of postures and fatigue Relationship with Risk assessment
- Legal Background.
The structure of the course
- Human Physiology
- Manual handling and Ergonomics.
- Manual handling risk assessment.
- Posture and Movement
- Manual handling Presentations
- Specific legal requirements.
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend
Any person responsible for conducting manual handling training
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Duration One day duration.
All delegates receive a Powerpoint Manual Handling presentation which can be tailored to meet their own organisation needs