A permit to work system ensures a formal check is made whenever hazardous work is to be undertaken. It establishes that all elements of a safe system of work are in place before anyone is allowed to carry out work where the Permit to Work is in operation.
Aims of the course
The aim of the course is to ensure that delegates understand the function of permit to work systems and to ensure that they function correctly.
- The course covers the following aspects of Permit to Work systems:
- Human Factors
- Management of Permit to Work Systems Objective of Permit to Work Systems Types of Permits required,
- Contents of Work Permits
The structure of the course
Essential features of a Permit to Work System which are covered by the course are:
- Clear definition of who may authorize particular jobs.
- Provision to ensure that contractors who are engaged to carry out work, are covered by the system.
- Training and Instruction for issuing permits.
- Monitoring and auditing to ensure that the system works as intended.
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend
Any person responsible for issuing, signing off and using permits to work..
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Half day duration or One day duration.